COVID Production Guidelines, Winter 2021
We are maintaining our Studio as a safe, sterile work environment for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure a sanitized studio we pay close attention to high-touch surfaces prior to each production (countertops, tables, sinks, bathrooms, door handles, etc). This includes a full cleaning prior to any crew or client arriving. However, we also ask that you do your part to keep yourselves and your colleagues safe, and offer these recommendations to that end:
• According to Film SF, the production must adhere to the following testing requirements:
If the shoot is scheduled to last one or two days, the cast member(s) who will be removing their Face Coverings must receive a negative nucleic acid diagnostic test for COVID-19 within 72 hours before the shoot starts. https://filmsf.org/film-permits-under-covid-19
• Be prepared to answer a health questionnaire, have temperatures taken, and perform personal sanitization procedures, upon arrival at the Studio.
• Standard, routine practices include wearing a facemask at all times, washing or sanitizing your hands at regular intervals, refraining from physical contact, and maintaining a 6-foot distance from others as much as possible.
• Limit in-person attendance to the smallest team possible. No more than 8 people will be allowed in the studio at any given time and those present will be limited to essential personnel only.
• Several windows will be kept open to provide ventilation and fresh airflow at all times. Turn on provided air purifiers as well.
• If catering is the meal option, we will have individual meals only, no “family-style” or buffet service. Use only disposable tableware and napkins. Eat meals outside in front of studio, or take water/snack breaks on studio balcony.
• Do not share pens, paper, etc. Designate a single person for each task, such as operating
the camera, handling and adjusting lights, styling merch, using computers, etc.
• Avoid crowding around the capture station. Try to use multiple displays, or view from a
distance via phone or tablet. Ask us for help if you need it!
• Utilize the two separate bathrooms allowing for socially distanced facility usage as well as reducing cross-contamination.
• Try to avoid arriving by public transit if at all possible, and instead walk, bike, or drive.
These guidelines are by no means comprehensive or final, and we will appreciate any additions
or other feedback you may wish to share. Help us help you, and let’s all stay safe!